Dr Tom O'Bryans one day course - 21st September
Cascade A – 8:30am – 5.30pm - Thursday 21st.
Would you like to feel more confident with autoimmune conditions and have the tools necessary to identify and address early stages of autoimmunity in your practice?
Autoimmune Disease is now a leading cause of morbidity and mortality in the industrialized world...and most healthcare practitioners are simply not equipped with the knowledge and resources needed to uncover and address these debilitating conditions.
In fact, patients present autoantibodies years before the development of symptoms of overt autoimmune disease.
Celiac disease is one of the most common chronic diseases in both Europe and the US, and severely under diagnosed due to its diverse range of extra-intestinal manifestations. Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity is between six-fold and thirty-fold more prevalent than Celiac Disease.
Food Sensitivity commonly affects the musculoskeletal system and nervous system, often without GI complaints. And did you know that a sensitivity to wheat may impair the effectiveness of LDN protocols?
With the rising prevalence of food sensitivities and autoimmune conditions, an effective and profitable practice will require the ability to recognize and treat at every stage from developing/silent through to end stage disease.
Session Learning Objectives:
- The Health Care Educator becomes proficient at recognizing the most important antecedents and triggers of Autoimmune and Gluten Related Disorders
- The Health Care Educator becomes proficient at recognizing the underlying signs and symptoms of Autoimmune and Gluten Related Disorders
- The Health Care Educator identifies the most important and appropriate lab evaluations associated with Autoimmune and Gluten Related Disorders
- The Health Care Educator develops proficiency in establishing the appropriate treatment plans for the patient using lifestyle, diet and nutraceuticals.
- The Health Care Educator learns to evaluate how wheat sensitivity may impact effectiveness of LDN protocols.
What is Autoimmunology. Learn about the spectrum of autoimmunity (normal, benign, pathogenic, clinical).
The Mechanisms of Autoimmunity and How to Identify Them. Determine weak links in genetic chains, What tests to run, How to interpret results.
How to Arrest the Autoimmune Process and turn it around (turn off inflammation at the root cause through lifestyle and dietary protocols, key supplements, and more).
- Understand symptoms of gluten sensitivity and celiac disease and the many manifestations they present, both inside and outside of the gut.
- Learn what causes intestinal permeability, how to identify it and its effects on the immune system.
- Understand why many neurological, hormonal, musculoskeletal, and autoimmune (AI) conditions may be triggered by gluten or other dietary triggers.
- Discover how a normally functioning immune system can progress into autoimmunity and the process behind it.
- Find out the 3 components necessary for the development of autoimmune disease.
- Learn how wheat sensitivity can reduce effectiveness of LDN protocols via competitive inhibition for receptor sites.
- Learn why following a gluten-free diet is not enough to heal the gut and eliminate systemic inflammation.
- Understand the current state of testing for celiac disease, gluten sensitivity and autoimmunity.
- Learn about clinically researched nutraceuticals that promote and accelerate healing.
- Learn the importance of the microbiome in development of autoimmune conditions.
- Differentiate gluten related disorders and treatments.
- Understand how to put out the fire and treat systemic inflammation.
8:00am - 9:30am Session 1
9:30 am - 9:45am Break
9:45am- 12.00pm Session 2
12:00pm- 1:00pm Lunch break
1:00pm- 2:30 Session 3
2:30pm- 3:15pm Break
3:15- 5:30pm Session 4
Total= 7.5 hours
All students who complete the course will receive a certificate of completion.
BONUS: ALL participants will receive free access to The Gluten Summit, a powerful library of over 40 hours of expert discussions on the topics of Gluten, Autoimmunity and how to effect change.